Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jake's 1st t-ball game

Wow!! It seems like it has been forever since I did a post.... So of course what comes after that?!?!? I am so behind...blah blah blah :) Now that the complaining is over it is time for some catching up!!!
If this picture is any indication of what we have to look forward to this season, then hold on tight!!! This is Jake's 1st time to play t-ball and I am thinking he would rather be playing in the dirt then on the field. It was so cute to watch him though.
I almost forgot to add why the buckets are in the dug outs. It is a really cute idea but it appears that my child wants to use it for its real purpose...{a sand bucket} haha The coach thought it would be good for the kids to have little buckets to hold their glove, drink and hat when it is their turn to bat. The kids were able to decorate the buckets with stickers and their name etc. But... if you notice Jake's bucket was not decorated on this 1st game. He noticed right away and so did I.... Someone (not mentioning any names- hint hint AKA Daddy) did not tell me that they needed to be decorated until Jake and I noticed the other buckets right before the game started. He was bummed but I promised him we would get it done before his next practice. And we did. So I will include his bucket in my post after this Saturday's game. :)

GO CARDINALS!!!

This is what he was doing pretty much every time his team was up to bat
Papa Jim, Mame & Jake
Silly Boy!
Should I have encouraged him to stand on the bench?!?!
WOW!!! I wonder what Papa Jim just said??? It must have been funny!
GO Jake!!! This was after 4 swings... haha I thought there was a limit on swings
He is having fun though....right? :)
Yes~ he is the one sitting down on his knee's playing in the grass
Looks like they are having a nice little chat
This was the night of his 1st practice... He was so excited!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

That is too cute. Maybe leave the bucket at home next time but then again; at this age, all that matters is whether or not they're having fun and it looks like he is. Don't give up just yet; there's still plenty of time for him to become the next Babe Ruth.

tricia sexton said...

Cute pictures!!!!!!! He is growing up too fast! He looks just like Jared did at that age. I miss them!!!!!