Monday, March 16, 2009

Ranger's Bath

I have started my vacation week with a BANG!!! Updating the blog.... :) The kids and I have had a lazy morning of cartoons, poptarts and looking at pictures on the laptop in my bed. I love lazy days like this.

We came across these pictures of my attempt at bathing Ranger upstairs in the kids bathroom. Yes, I got him up the stairs after clipping him in the garage.

As you can tell, Ranger is not a small dog. He has arthritis in his hips from old age and getting hit by a car when he was less then a year old. Poor baby!

We used to live in Rowlett very close to Dalrock Road which is an extremely busy road. Ranger somehow got out of the backyard back when he was around 10 months old or so and got hit by a car on Dalrock. After a pretty major hip surgery he was on the road to recovery. He heeled pretty well and we are extremely greatful. He is such a good dog!

Jon kept telling me we just need to take him to get groomed but I wanted to do it myself. Let me just say that I will Never attempt this again. :) It was a huge task!!! I think it took us longer to clean out the bathtub and scrub it down then it did to give him a bath. :)

Here are some pictures of our experience. Enjoy!

Do you ever hear people say you start to look like your pet? OR is it your pet starts to look like you???
Ranger was ALL smiles!!
Or maybe this is where he is wanting to smile but I had to force it....haha
This is what he does ALL day....
The life of a dog! :)
" WHAT... Did you say I need a bath?"

Our sweet Ranger!!!!